Publisher and developer Bandai Namco has announced that their sci-fi action JRPG, Scarlet Nexus, has received a free update and the paid second DLC pack. The contents of this added content are listed below:
Paid DLC – “Bond Enhancement Pack 2”
- New costumes and weapon skins for all playable characters in collaboration with famed artist Daisuke Richard
- 10 new Bond Episodes to further expand upon character relationships
- New power-specific effects when using SAS to connect with an ally who has learned Nexus Drive
Free Update Version 1.05
- Battle Simulator– rematch against boss fights from the main story campaign as well as from challenge missions
- Over 20 new challenges for players to test their skills
- A new lineup of “Exchange” items in the Shop that includes plugins, weapons, and more
Scarlet Nexus is set in the distant future, where a psionic hormone has been discovered in the human brain. This leads to people gaining extra-sensory powers and thus changing the world. Humanity entered a new era, but deranged mutants known as Others began to descend from the sky with a hunger for human brains.
These enemies aren’t affected by mortal weapons, so humanity is forced to rely on those with abilities to save the world. Players take on the role of Yuito Sumeragi or Kasane Randall to uncover the mysteries of a Brain Punk future caught between technological dependence and psychic abilities.
In case you missed it, check out our review.
Scarlet Nexus is currently available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.