Developer Shade and D3 Publisher have announced that their upcoming action title, Samurai Maiden, will be releasing in the West on December 8, 2022, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
Japan will receive the title for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch on December 1, 2022.
- View our announcement coverage comprising a trailer, screenshots, and general information.
- Character profiles & new screenshots.
Throughout this title, protagonist Tsumugi Tamaori finds herself summoned within her sleep to the Sengoku period, where she encounters the legendary Nobunaga Oda, Japan’s initial great unifier.
However, a portal to the underworld opens up beneath the Honnoji Temple, causing Tsumugi to be granted a sword by Nobunaga. Though thankfully and coincidentally, Tsumugi knows the basics of swordplay since she practices it as a hobby. So, armed with this genuine weapon, she goes on to slay waves of undead foes.
Moreover, three ninjas of Honnoji Temple, known as the Gokage, also aid Tsumugi on her quest.:
- Iyo – Hardworking ninja who utilizes ninja tools, such as kunai.
- Hagane – An older ninja with a mechanical body who fights unconventionally, such as with her wire arm.
- Komimi – A genius who uses freezing yin yang Jutsu.
The Gokage System mechanic will allow players to use Tsumugi’s sword strikes and her ninja allies’ varied skillsets in conjunction with each other.
Also worthy of note is that the main character designs are by illustrator Miwano Rag. Further, the confirmed voice cast is listed below:
- Tsumugi Tamaori: Yuki Yomichi
- Iyo: Miku Ito
- Hagane: Sumire Uesaka
- Komimi: Miyu Tomita
- Nobunaga Oda: Takaya Kuroda
A rather humorous 9-minute English subtitled trailer was shared, introducing the cast and various combat mechanics:
Two new character renders were shared via PlayStation Blog Japan, viewable below:
New screenshots were also shared via Famitsu, viewable below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.