Arc System Works, WayForward, and Rooster Teeth have unveiled new footage and gameplay details regarding their upcoming 2D adventure RWBY: Arrowfell. This game’s story follows the show’s canon continuity after Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long become fully licensed Huntresses in Volume 7.
Each member of Team RWBY plays entirely uniquely thanks to their signature weapons; Ruby’s Crescent Rose, Weiss’s Myrtenaster, Blakes’ Gambol Shroud, and Yang’s Ember Celica. Their semblances are also useable such as Ruby’s Petal Burst for evasion, Weiss’s Glyphs to create platforms for navigation and delayed offense, Blake’s Shadow for increased attack rate and extra pressure plate weight, and Yang’s Burn for more significant damage output and environmental destruction. These factors can coalesce to progress past several combative encounters and obstacles, with Skill Points and upgrading upping the ante. Missions can also be completed for various characters like General Ironwood and the Ace Operatives, and the common citizenry.
The original Team RWBY cast will be reprising their roles with a soundtrack composed by Dale North and a new vocal song by Casey Lee Williams.
Players can look forward to the following primary features:
- Play as all four members of Team RWBY — Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang — each with their own weapons and abilities! Switch between them on the fly!
- Use each character’s Semblances to get an edge in combat and solve puzzles!
- Featuring the talents of RWBY’s original vocal cast, plus a new theme song by Casey Lee Williams!
- An all-new canonical story set during RWBY Volume 7 from RWBY writers Kerry Shawcross, Miles Luna, and Eddy Rivas!
- Explore a variety of nonlinear environments in Atlas, Mantle, and the surrounding areas!
- Interact with familiar characters such as Penny, Winter, General Ironwood, and the Ace Operatives, as well as new faces like Team BRIR!
- Collect Skill Points to power up Team RWBY’s stats!
You can view the newest RWBY: Arrowfell trailer below:
RWBY: Arrowfell is releasing for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC in Fall 2022.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.