XSEED revealed that Rune Factory 4 Special will launch with a physical release on Nintendo Switch this winter in North America.
The “Archival Edition” will include:
- A physical copy of Rune Factory 4 Special for Nintendo Switch
- 160-page art book measuring 5.8” x 8.2” featuring the works of Minako Iwasaki from Rune Factory 1 through 4, Rune Factory: Frontier, and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
- Official soundtrack CD consisting of 33 tracks from the original release, plus 3 new tracks
- ‘Swimsuit Day’ DLC that adds an option to have characters appear in their swimsuits
- Premium custom box with an original illustration by Minako Iwasaki
If you missed it, yes, the collector’s edition does come with the Swimsuit DLC. There will also be a standalone physical version of the game available, but it isn’t mentioned if this version will include any of the DLC.
Rune Factory 4 Special is a Story of Seasons spinoff the appeared on the Nintendo 3DS selling over 300,000 copies in North America and Europe. This version of the game adds HD resolutions, a new opening movie, and a “Hell” difficulty level. There is also a new feature known as “Newlywed Mode” where players will be able to experience special scenarios between the game’s 12 bachelors and bachelorettes with new recorded voice audio and cutscenes.
You can check out the contents of the limited edition below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.