During San Diego Comic-Con 2018, Capcom took the stage to announce new details for the release of Resident Evil 2 Remake, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox one, and PC on January 25, 2019.
Evidently, Resident Evil 2 Remake will feature a younger looking Leon compared to earlier entries. This was intentional by the developers to give him a more fresh-faced rookie look, due to it being his first day on the job.
As for Clair’s updated design, the developers scanned real-world costumes to capture her outfit in complete detail, the same was done for Leon’s outfit. The developers chose to go with the design of Claire riding a motorcycle as the final look. Additionally, they teamed up with Harley-Davidson to use a real world motorcycle as her ride.
Zombies in the game were created to be creatures that the player would hate to be bitten by. Their focus was to make ever encounter more tense then the one before.
Lastly, a limited edition was revealed at the outstanding price of $199.99 and will be exclusive to GameStop retailers.
The Resident Evil 2 Collector’s Edition includes:
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition:
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Extra DLC Pack Card
- unique costumes:
- Leon Costume: “Arklay Sheriff”
- Leon Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Military”
- Claire Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Elza Walker”
- Special weapon:
- Deluxe Weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert Model”
- “Original Version” Soundtrack Swap
- Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure
- 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details.
- “Ben’s File” Art Book
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy, and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.
- Digital Soundtrack
- A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.
- “R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
Was that a lot? Well it better be for that price! Now enjoy the beauty shot image of all the Limited Edition contents along with a a picture of Claire and her bike:
Thanks, PS Blog
Author’s take: Holy cow that’s expensive, but I want it!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.