Modus and developer Darril Arts games released a few significant patches for their horror adventure Remothered: Broken Porcelain, available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC-via Steam.
The patch fixes numerous bugs related to enemy and character animation and item placement and logic—the game launched with a series of bugs that affected the gameplay experience. Players would often be compensating for control instead of immersed in the game, but it seems like the developer is attempting to fix this.
“Stormind Games has been hard at work patching Broken Porcelain to ensure players experience the game as intended,” said Antonio Cannata, CEO, and co-founder of Stormind Games. “The game is now at its most polished state yet, thanks to the help of our devoted community of players that have taken the time to write to us and report bugs. We can’t stop thanking all the fans who have supported the game from the beginning and those who have acknowledged our hard work and our love for the players.”
“We’re grateful to have partners like Stormind Games and Darril Arts who truly care about the players and have worked tirelessly to improve the game since launch,” added Shane Bierwith, EVP of global marketing at Modus Games.
During Remothered: Broken Porcelain, players assume the role of Jennifer, who is Ashmann Inn’s newest caretaker. However, things don’t go smoothly for too long as she finds herself going down the rabbit hole to discover the secrets that lie in the halls and the building.
In case you missed it, check out our review.
The full list of patch notes can be found below:
New Nintendo Switch Patch Available as of 2/11:
- All updates available through the 2/10 patch available on Steam.
New PS4 and Xbox One Patch Available as of 2/11:
- Fixed animation of Andrea from shaking.
- Jen can no longer interact with lockers while activating the Moth Eye in the locker room, which prevents some weird animations.
- Fixed a rare instance where a certain character could lose their ability to sprint.
- Certain characters will no longer be able to stand on top of potted plants.
- Added some minor missing audio.
- Fixed a situation where the player could see outside of the world boundary.
- Improved the animation for when Porcelain kills Jennifer.
- Players can no longer acquire the fire extinguish before they’re supposed to.
- Porcelain footsteps now properly reflect audio settings.
New Steam Patch Available as of 2/10″
- Improved the game logic when trying to sneak past Andrea.
- Added some missing facial animations.
- Added a tutorial to help explain how to use special items.
- Added a smoother transition to the end of one of the fight scenes.
- Fixed an instance where Jennifer could become permanently stuck in a crouch.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed some issues with the Thai translations.
- Re-added a specific hurt animation.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Andrea wouldn’t enter the laundry room.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.