Red Dead Online Launching as Standalone Version on December 1
Rockstar announced that Red Dead Online will launch as a standalone version on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 1. The game will also be backward compatible with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Red Dead Online’s standalone version will be for those who don’t already own Red Dead Redemption 2, unsure if there’s any left who don’t already own that game. The game will cost $4.99 until February 15, 2021, and then it will cost $19.99.
The release includes an option to unlock the Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode by purchasing it. Additionally, the new standalone version of Red Dead Online will require up to 123GB of disk space. Players playing the standalone version will have access to all existing gameplay upgrades and content for Red Dead Online, including 10 Rank expansion for the Bounty Hunter Role, coming next week.
The Bounty Hunter Expansion will include:
- Increased RDO$ and XP for all Posse members on Free Roam Missions, Bounty Missions, and Free Roam Events
- Double XP in all A Land of Opportunities missions and Bounty Hunter missions
- Discounts in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue: 40% off all Outfits including Role Outfits, 30% off all Horses, Repeaters, Pistols, the Schofield Revolver, Saddles, and Improved Saddles, Coats, and Vests
- New Prime Gaming Benefits: Players who connect to Prime Gaming before December 21st receives a Reward for a free Breton Horse and RDO$100
- Additional Prime Gaming Benefits: A free Katata Coat, 6,000 Naturalist XP, a free Wilderness Camp, and 5 free Legendary Animal Pheromones for players that connect their Social Club account with Prime Gaming
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Red Dead Online officially launched earlier this year and allowed players to explore the world with a group of friends and be the rebel or lawman that they wish to be. The mode is free to all owners of Red Dead Redemption 2.
In case you missed it, check out our written review of the game.
Red Dead Online is the free online multiplayer mode featured in Red Dead Redemption 2.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.