PQube announced that the Kotaru Uchikoshi developed visual novel adventure Punch Line will make its way to Europe on August 31 and North America on September 25 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC-via Steam.
Punch Line tells the story of Yūta Iridats, a normal high school kid who, like most high school kids, faints when he sees panties. After being involved in a hijacking, he encounters crime fighter Strange Juice and his souls leaves his body forcing him to travel the world as a ghostly form. Furthermore, if by chance he sees panties in this state…an asteroid will destroy Earth.
Players will be able to travel through time and solve the mystery which seems to involve his roommates. The publisher details the game’s features:
- Be a friendly ghost – Haunt a house full of girls while you solve puzzles, play tricks and cause trouble
- An immersive adventure – Visual Novel elements mixed with 3D environments
- Beware your weakness – See too many panties and you will destroy humanity
- From the creators of Zero Escape – Written by Kotaro Uchikoshi, of the Zero Escape Trilogy
- Live the anime – Based on the critically acclaimed anime, now on Crunchyroll
You can check out the announcement trailer along with some new screenshots below:
Author’s take: I’ve had multiple meetings with Uchikoshi in the past where I asked him what fans needed to do to get Punch Line localized. Seemed like PQube heard those fans. It’s amazing that the west is getting this game and I can’t wait to go on this adventure.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.