PUBG Mobile has announced that the game will feature a Dragon Ball Super collaboration starting July 13, 2023, in version update 2.7. The Dragon Ball Super-Themed Mode will be playable until September 4, 2023, featuring collectible Dragon Balls that can summon Shenron, who can grant buffs.
Additionally, the Dragon Ball Village, Tenkaichi Budokai, Kame House, and Karin Tower areas from the manga and anime will be included, alongside a Hoipoi Capsule and Air Car. Another new game mode will let players control Son Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Piccolo, and Ultimate Gohan using their unique movesets as they gather Spirit Crystlets and Spirit Crystals to enhance their capabilities.
Moreover, outfits of Son Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, and the companions, Pilaf and Karin, will arrive on July 14, 2023, with more teased for August 11, 2023.
Vincent Wang, Head of PUBG Mobile Publishing at Tencent Games, stated the following regarding this collaboration:
“One of the world’s most iconic Japanese manga and anime franchises, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Super have achieved something truly exceptional in staying relevant and meaningful to the generation that grew up watching and reading it, whilst constantly engaging new and young audiences. In addition to its multi-generational and international appeal, its famous theme of conquering challenges really resonates with PUBG MOBILE and our players, and meant PUBG MOBILE team really worked hard to make this one of the most impressive in-game brand collaborations.”
A summation of the upcoming content is quoted below:
- Partnership with Dragon Ball Super, including two exciting new Dragon Ball Super modes:
- Dragon Ball Super Themed mode, where players collect Dragon Balls to bring them closer to victory on their favourite PUBG MOBILE maps
- Battle Royale: Dragon Ball Super mode, featuring a new animated art style world to explore as five Dragon Ball characters, all with different powers to harness
- New Dragon Ball Super-themed items and outfits available in two phases
- New areas, skills, items, and vehicles to celebrate the Dragon Ball Super collaboration
- Additions and enhancements to the World of Wonder creative mode
- New content with Cycle 5 Season 13 and the Royale Pass Ace
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.