In the latest NGS Headline, developer SEGA revealed to all players a brief idea of what to expect in the future updates for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis in August, including quality of life improvements, new Scratch Tickets, a collaboration with V-Tuber agency Hololive, and more. Further, a new roadmap was teased, showing the update plans set to be released by the end of this year.
Starting off, the navigator, Hiro Arai, showcased the brand-new class that will be added to New Genesis on August 3, which is Waker. It’s a class that’s somewhat similar to the Summoner in the original PSO2, but instead of Pets, players can use their weapons to summon Familiars, each with their own unique attack quirks. A scratch ticket that uses Star Gems will also be releasing with Waker-themed outfits later in August.
The next announcement was that players who completed Chapter 3 of the Main Story will be able to accept five new Side Stories that can be replayed from the Quest Counter. These include special cutscenes that will shed some much-needed character development, such as the Favors for the Five quest, which seems to focus on the quintuplets from Kvaris.
Furthermore, new quality of life improvements were revealed:
- The HP for all enemies in the Trainia mode has been reduced.
- Triggers are no longer region-based. This means that specific triggers like the Kvar Yellow can also be used on Retem and Aelio!
- You can now use SG Tickets in bulk, a feature many requested.
- Assist NPCs will now aid you in some Combat Sectors if you do not have a party or if you’re in a room with a low player count.
- The Augument Capsule exchange requirements have been severely reduced now.
- The Character Creator has been significantly improved.
As well as some new features:
- Alliance Task Records will be added. Complete those tasks to earn items for everyone in your Alliance!
- ARKS Records, a ranking system where the criteria changes every week, has been added. If you rank high enough, you can obtain Ranking Badges and exchange them for weapons, camos, and more.
- (PC version only) The “Display Models” option has been added, allowing you to display up to 50 player models at once. (That is if your hardware is up for the task…)
- When opening the World Map, recommendations on how to raise your BP to the required amount will appear.
Moving on to the next announcement, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will collaborate with Hololive, a V-Tuber production agency. Starting from August 24, players can get new outfits, voices, and accessories based on Shirakami Fubuki, Ninomae Ina’nis, and Kageyama Shien!
For the penultimate announcement, the navigator concludes by showing the official roadmap for the game, showing what to expect from September to December. The most notable addition is that in December, the third major update will be added, with the Level Cap now being raised to 70. However, what’s also notable is the October and November Crossover Scratch Tickets, which will feature collaborations with an unspecified video game developer and anime production studio.
The 10th-anniversary campaigns will also be continuing with Limited-Time Login Bonuses, Pre-Announced Urgent Quests, and campaigns dedicated to quickly leveling up the newly announced Waker Class, starting from August 3rd.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is a new MMORPG part of the PSO2 universe but is a brand new adventure offering upgrading visuals and a new narrative, amongst other quality-of-life updates. It is considered to be a “huge-scale update” to Phantasy Star Online 2. Players will find new game systems created using a new graphics engine. The update was made to celebrate the series’s 2oth anniversary and the tenth anniversary of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is available now on Xbox One and PC as a free-to-play game. It will be available on PlayStation 4 on August 31, 2022.
You can watch the stream of the latest NGS headline below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.