Japanese publisher GameTomo today announced that Project Nimbus: Complete Edition is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop for $19.99.
Project Nimbus is a high-flying action mecha game inspired by classic mecha like Macross and Gundam as well as games like the Ace Combat series. The Nintendo Switch version features content, such as new modes that have never been released in the west.
For this new version of Project Nimbus, there’s an enhanced Survival mode that pits you against never-ending waves of enemies, which definitely is going to put your skills to the ultimate test. In addition, there’s the new Warfront mode that further builds on the survival gameplay formula but throws multiple objectives and missions to the survival gameplay, leading players to have to make tactical decisions as you rise through the ranks.
Aside from these modes, in Project Nimbus, players can expect pulse-pounding, high-speed combat as they blast through 26 epic missions across a variety of theatres of war all set in a futuristic version of Earth. With three different factions to follow over a war-torn planet — the US-lead CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the terrorist group Children of Fallen Nations — players will end up being a part of a storyline full of twists and turns.
Learn a bit more about the game thanks to this list of features:
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-led CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Get a good look at the breakneck speed of Project Nimbus‘ combat, the variety of its locales, and the strength of its exotic weaponry by checking out the trailer and screenshots below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.