Developer Wormwood Studios, known for Primordia, and publisher Wadjet Eye Games, known for Unavowed, have revealed their upcoming poetic horror adventure title, Strangeland.
Having been in the making for over 10 years, Strangeland is a point-and-click adventure supposedly set entirely in a nameless protagonist’s dark dream. However, numerous questions coat the game’s events, from the seemingly most mundane to the most existential. Questions and more questions await players in this game fraught with unique imagery and overwhelming darkness.
You can read this title’s advertised features below:
- A bizarre dreamscape brought to life with striking and surreal pixel art graphics
- Clever puzzles with layered solutions — sometimes more than one
- A rich allegorical story about identity, loss, and redemption that can only be fully understood if you look beyond what’s in front of you — it’s a puzzle all on its own
- An integrated hint system, for those who want it
- Play it again: hours of developer commentary and an “annotation mode” shed light on the game’s numerous metaphors, references, and enigmas
You can view this title’s launch trailer, showcasing its disturbing atmosphere, below:
Strangeland is releasing for PC via Steam and GOG on May 25, 2021.
The title’s Steam page also discusses intricacies of what players can expect.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.