The revamped PlayStation Plus service has recently launched in Japan, and the list is impressively lengthy. However, a few inclusions of this library that deserve mention are the titles from Nihon Falcom’s library. The following games from this developer are available via the PlayStation Plus Extra Tier.
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
- Ys: Memories of Celceta
- Trails of Cold Steel I – IV*
- Trails of Sky (FC, SC, 3rd)
- Trails into Azure*
- Trails from Zero*
- The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
- Trails into Reverie
- Tokyo Xanadu ex+
*They’re the “Kai” rereleases on PS4, meaning that in the case of Cold Steel I and II, they won’t have to be cloud-streamed via their PlayStation 3 versions.
Other notable releases included with Japan’s PlayStation Plus revamp are listed below:
- Yo-kai Watch 4 (++ version with additional content)
- Yo-kai Gakuen Y
- Star Ocean First Departure R
- Caligula Effect: Overdose
- Final Fantasy 7
- Final Fantasy 8 Remastered
- Final Fantasy 9
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
- Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age
- Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition
- Chaos;Head Noah (Deluxe Tier PS3 Classics)
- Chaos;Head Love Chu Chu (Deluxe Tier PS3 Classics)
- Steins;Gate (Deluxe Tier PS3 Classics)
- Steins;Gate 0 (Deluxe Tier PS3 Classics)
- Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram (Deluxe Tier PS3 Classics)
While the West will certainly not be as lucky as Japan with many of these picks, it at least bodes somewhat well for the potential this resurged service can offer.
Thanks to Hansuke on Twitter for sharing this notable news.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.