Indie Metroidvania ‘Piko Piko’ Stealth Launches Full Version on Steam
Degica Games announced that the Marquet-developed adventure Metroidvania, Piko Piko, is available now on PC-via Steam.
This is the full version of the game that has been in development for more than two years. The game has seen a few updates that have improved the quality of gameplay including:
- Added new animation for Nyan
- Added 4 new mana-costing power-ups for Nyan
- Adjusted the Dash control and can now be activated by pressing forward twice
- Added 6 new achievements
- Adjusted how players can access the Ice area in the 2nd parts
- Added new bomb item
- Added different types of life/mana upgrades in multiple areas
- Added stores in multiple locations
- Adjusted the beginning part of the game, so it is now easier to access the tower
- Adjusted mini car gameplay for nyan
- Fixed soft-lock issues in certain areas
- Other minor fixes
Piko Piko is a 2D Metroidvania-inspired platformer that follows Piko, a senior attending the Hammer Academy. Along with her best friend, a half-fox girl named Nyan, the two set out to defeat her classmates and claim the spot as the best blacksmith at the school.
The game features upgradable items and power-ups along with secret areas found throughout the environment. Players can also check out all the cute pixel girls with hammers.
The developer is also teasing something new on the way involving Piko. We’ll keep you updated.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.