Sega announced that Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis will receive its first major update since its launch titled Sandstorm Requiem on December 15, 2021.
The update includes a new region, a level cap increase, new Class Skills, new Elemental Techniques, World Trials, a Title System, and more.
During Chapter 2, Crawford will ask players to make a trip to Retem with Aina and Manon to join the ARKS. This desert setting features new terrain for players to navigate through, which is different than what they’ve seen before. New enemies include Fortos Launcher, Fortos Laser: DOLLS, Lizentos: DOLLS, and Metius: DOLLS.
The “Sandstorm Requiem” update will increase the level cap of all classes to 35 and every Class will gain a new Class Skill.
- Hunter Class will gain the ‘Sword Arts Change Avenger’ skill
- Fighter Class will gain the ‘Dagger Spin Axle’ skill
- Ranger Class will gain the ‘Spread Shot Wide Range’ skill
- Gunner Class will gain the ‘Rising Drive’ skill
- Force Class will gain the ‘Technique Domination’ skill
- Techter Class will gain the ‘Overemphasis’ skill
- Braver Class will gain the ‘Brave Spirit’ skill
- Bouncer Class will gain the ‘Blade Arts Parry’ skill
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is a new MMORPG that is a part of the PSO2 universe but is a brand new adventure offering upgrading visuals and a new narrative, amongst other quality-of-life updates.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is considered to be a “huge-scale update” to Phantasy Star Online 2. Players will find new game systems created using a new graphics engine. The update was made to celebrate the series’s 2oth anniversary and the tenth anniversary of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is available now on Xbox One and PC as a free-to-play game.
You can watch the stream below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.