SEGA just concluded the scheduled maintenance for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis and has officially begun the collaboration event with Melty Blood: Type Lumina. In this event, players can obtain outfits, hairstyles, and Weapon Camos inspired by the Melty Blood characters Shiki Tohno, Arcueid Brunestud, Akiha Tohno, and Ciel. The Scratch Ticket will be available through the shop from October 5 to November 1.
Furthermore, the class max level cap has been increased to Level 65, and all classes have received significant rebalancing. Because of this, all players have received a N-Reset All Skills ticket in order to reallocate obtained Skill Points in case you wish to redo your current setup due to the change.
Other updates include:
- New 7-star Rarity weapons
- Additional Mini Episodes featuring characters from Retem and Kvaris
- New Rank added to the Aelio, Retem, and Kvaris Purple Battledia
- New High-Rank Combat Sectors added
- The PSE Gauge system has been greatly updated, making it easier for players to trigger a PSE Burst.
- Added the option to now teleport directly to a Region Mag
- Many UI elements have been updated, including the Quick Menu
- Bug fixes have been addressed for a better player experience
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is a new MMORPG part of the PSO2 universe but is a brand new adventure offering upgrading visuals and a new narrative, amongst other quality-of-life updates. It is considered to be a “huge-scale update” to Phantasy Star Online 2. Players will find new game systems created using a new graphics engine. The update was made to celebrate the series’s 2oth anniversary and the tenth anniversary of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is available now on Xbox One, PC via Steam, and the Epic Games Store, and on PlayStation 4 as a free-to-play game.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.