New Phantasy Star Online 2 Global Update Brings New Luster Class
Sega has announced an impressive amount of new content for Phantasy Star Online 2 Global, including a new class, a new max level, and more.
The new Luster class requires the player to be level 75 in at least 2 different classes. The class includes 3 combat styles, which you can read about below:
- Zandi Style – This is a high-speed style that is activated when a Wind or Lightning Element weapon is equipped. Most notable for its agility and proficiency with area of effect attacks.
- Fomel Style – This aggressive style of combat is activated when a weapon is equipped that has a Fire or Dark Element type. Highly effective in close combat.
- Baran Style – Activated when an Ice or Light Element weapon is equipped, the Baran Style is known for its defensive capability, due in part to its guarded abilities with long-range attacks.
You can read about the Luster class skills below:
- Luster Voltage – A Voltage Gauge will be added to the Sub-Palette and connecting with your attacks produce Volts. The accumulated Voltage will increase Potency and reduce damage taken. Additional Class Skills can be taken to increase Voltage accumulation rate. If there is too long of a pause between attacks, the Voltage Gauge will be reset.
- Luster Counter – If players successfully dodge with Sidestep or a Weapon Action, they’ll unleash a powerful Sidestep Strike.
- Luster Sidestep Guard – While locked on, Sidestep either forward or backward in time with the enemy’s attack to activate a Perfect Guard and unleash a counterattack in the direction inputted.
- Bonus Attack – Perform four Normal Attacks in a row (does not include Sidestep Strikes) to unleash a powerful attack in accordance with the current PP or Focus Gauge level.
The main story will also be continuing, and the following Urgent Quests will now be available in Ultra-Hard Difficulty:
- The Malevolent Void
- The Call of the Void
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.