Following the latest information drop for Persona 3 Reload, Famitsu conducted an interview with General Producer Kazuhisa Wada, Director Takuya Yamaguchi, Producer Ryota Niitsuma, and Atsushi Kitajoh.
This is a lengthy interview that goes into quite a bit of detail about various facets. However, one of the most standout confirmations is that Koromaru, Shinjiro, and Ken will receive new side stories to expand on their characters.
Regarding Koromaru, Yamaguchi stated the following:
“…We have also prepared a side story that provides more context on Koromaru’s past. You don’t want to miss this emotionally rich Koromaru lore!”
Yamaguchi then said the following about Shinjiro:
“…Yes. His fundamental story arc remains the same, but we have prepared a side story for him. This side story definitely highlights Shinjiro’s charm, which we hope will especially appeal to fans who’ve loved him since the original version. Please look forward to it!”
Lastly, for Ken, Wada stated the following:
“In the original version, there was not much exploration into Ken outside of the main story, but in later works―including the theatrical anime―we were able to delve deeper and reveal more information about him. For P3R, we’ve crafted a side story encompassing this expanded character background as well.”
Then Yamaguchi added the following regarding Ken specifically:
“Ken is a character who grew up in a complicated environment. If we were to lean too heavily on either side of who he is―a youthful elementary school student, or the part of him that was forced to grow up quick―we felt he would cease to be Ken, so we had to craft a story keeping that balance in mind.”
Aigis’ Aeon Social Link was also confirmed to be returned from Persona 3 FES & Portable.
You can check out the interview for many more details.
- The producer clarified that the game will feature added main story content from Persona 3 FES but lack The Answer epilogue and the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable.
- Staff confirmed that Tartatus will feature new elements, such as a dash function, to make exploration more enjoyable.
- Will feature new events to focus on characters who did not receive as much focus in the original game.
- Development Began in Late 2019
- Development for Reload is in its Final Stages; Will be a Deeper Dive, Not an Evolution
- New Commercial
- Implied Fatigue System Removal
- Every Social Link Rank Up Scene Voiced; Highest Amount of Voiced Lines in the Series
- Maxing All Social Links is Easier
- Fleshed-Out Tartarus Dialogue & Breakable Objects
- “Something” to Compensate for No Male Party Member Social Links
- Mitsuru, Fuuka & Akihiko Renders + Gameplay Trailer
- Social Links Won’t Break
- Extended English Trailer
- Second Trailer, New Battle Theme, Screenshots, Purchase Bonuses
Persona 3 was initially a PlayStation 2 title that birthed the concept of Social Links that would follow in Persona 4 and Persona 5. Then, a director’s cut version named F.E.S. launched later, featuring a new playable epilogue called The Answer and added enhanced gameplay features.
Years later, Persona 3 Portable was released for the PSP, which removed The Answer and the ability to walk around town but added the option to play as a female protagonist and new post-game challenges.
Persona 3 Portable is now available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.