Following the latest information drop for Persona 3 Reload, Japanese outlets have begun sharing their impressions from previews of the game. Dengeki’s coverage, in particular, mentions that the card shuffling during battle results has been removed, at least in the preview build they played. Instead, they could pick out the card they desired right after the fight concluded.
You can view their statement about these skills below, translated by our team’s Ryuji:
“One thing that surprised me while playing was the part where the player acquires Persona and Arcana Cards after the battle is over. Believe it or not, [in Persona 3 Reload], the cards are not shuffled! It’s an interesting change, maybe to make sure you get the card you were aiming for.”
It’s worth noting that this may not be the case in the final version since the outlet played a preview build. Still, it’s worth keeping in mind for the final release. This does seem like a needless change.
UPDATE 9/20/2023: This has been confirmed in the following timestamped clip:
- The producer clarified that the game will feature added main story content from Persona 3 FES but lack The Answer epilogue and the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable.
- Staff confirmed that Tartatus will feature new elements, such as a dash function, to make exploration more enjoyable.
- Will feature new events to focus on characters who did not receive as much focus in the original game.
- Development Began in Late 2019
- Development for Reload is in its Final Stages; Will be a Deeper Dive, Not an Evolution
- New Commercial
- Implied Fatigue System Removal
- Every Social Link Rank Up Scene Voiced; Highest Amount of Voiced Lines in the Series
- Maxing All Social Links is Easier
- Fleshed-Out Tartarus Dialogue & Breakable Objects
- “Something” to Compensate for No Male Party Member Social Links
- Mitsuru, Fuuka & Akihiko Renders + Gameplay Trailer
- Social Links Won’t Break
- Extended English Trailer
- Second Trailer, Aigis, Shinjiro, Ken, Koromaru, Screenshots, Purchase Bonuses
- New Battle Theme Details
- Aeon Social Link; Ken, Koromaru & Shinjiro Side Stories
- Security Camera & Koromaru Walking Retained
- Shift Battle Mechanic
- Eiha & Kouha Added
Persona 3 was initially a PlayStation 2 title that birthed the concept of Social Links that would follow in Persona 4 and Persona 5. Then, a director’s cut version named F.E.S. launched later, featuring a new playable epilogue called The Answer and added enhanced gameplay features.
Years later, Persona 3 Portable was released for the PSP, which removed The Answer and the ability to walk around town but added the option to play as a female protagonist and new post-game challenges.
Persona 3 Portable is now available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.