Developer Grinding Games has announced that their free online action RPG, Path of Exile, will receive its Path of Exile: Sentinel expansion for PC on May 13 and for PlayStation and Xbox on May 18.
Further, a multitude of gameplay incorporation were confirmed, viewable below:
- The Sentinel Challenge League
- In Path of Exile: Sentinel, ancient constructs have been unearthed across Wraeclast. You will harness the power of these Sentinels to control your level of risk and reward on the battlefield.
- You will uncover and collect Sentinels and take advantage of their great power. When deployed, they follow you for a short time and empower your enemies, greatly increasing both their difficulty and reward.
- There are three classes of Sentinels. Stalker Sentinels empower a moderate number of enemies in sequence as you encounter them. Pandemonium Sentinels empower a wide swath of monsters at once in a quick burst. Apex Sentinels only empower rare or unique enemies but have a very strong effect.
- Use the Sentinel controller to power your Sentinels and customize their behavior. On the controller, you’ll connect runic nodes with filaments to dictate where the power flows and which behavior is enabled for your Sentinels. You can change these freely to experiment with your desired playstyle.
- When your Sentinels run out of charge, they can be combined together with a Power Core to assemble a new, fully-charged Sentinel that inherits properties from both of the husks you disassembled. This hybrid Sentinel may also gain special properties such as an exclusive variant base type or modifiers that can only come from the assembly process.
- You may also discover or assemble Unique Sentinels which behave in very specialized and powerful ways
- 20 Atlas Keystones – We’ve doubled down on the best parts of our recent expansion, Siege of the Atlas, which was very popular with the Path of Exile community. We’re adding 20 new keystone passives to the Atlas-wide passive tree which give you even more control over what type of content you engage with.
- Uber Pinnacle Bosses – Six of these new keystones enable uber versions of Path of Exile’s most feared bosses, creating an even more difficult level of combat for our most aspiring players to test themselves again. These boss fights include uber versions of Venarius, Sirius, The Maven, The Searing Exarch, The Eater of Worlds, The Shaper and The Uber elder.
- New Unique Items – In our Siege of the Atlas boss kill event, several of our most experienced players earned the right to design unique items, which are being introduced in Path of Exile: Sentinel! These new unique items drop from The Infinite Hunger, The Black Star, The Shaper, The Uber Elder, The Maven and Sirus.
- Revamped Monster Modifiers – We’re replacing all existing monster modifiers with the mods that we introduced in the Archnemesis League, which all have a great impact on combat and are easy to identify at a glance. Magic packs share one modifier between them while Rare monsters typically have two modifiers, and can rarely spawn with more. Multiple synergistic mods can create quite dangerous situations in combat.
- Game Controller Support – We’ve implemented support for game controllers in the PC version of Path of Exile. This also means that if you’re lucky enough to already have a Steam Deck, you can play Path of Exile on the go!
- New QOL – In this expansion, we’ve added several small quality of life features that should help to enhance the ease of your game experience. For example, it’s now much easier to add maps to your Favored Maps list on the Atlas. We’ve also added settings that allow you to define who is able to access the portals in your hideout. There are several other new features that we’ll reveal over the coming week.
- Revamped Challenge System – The challenge system in the Sentinel League is much harder but more rewarding than that of the past 21 leagues. Early challenges have been condensed so that their rewards unlock at 6 and 12 completions, rather than at 12 and 24. There are far more difficult objectives available to challenge Path of Exile’s best players and there are ten different rewards you can unlock, which comprise two complete armor sets, each with a pair of wings.
You can view the official Path of Exile: Sentinel trailer below:
Additionally, the extensive content reveal showcase can be viewed below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.