Recently, Science Adventure fan @MrComputerRevo made a rather curious discovery in the Japanese Nintendo Switch demo of Anonymous;Code. For some reason, there is an audio file titled “gameover_short_e,” which contains an altered version of the title’s opening theme.
The first 1 minute and 20 seconds of the song are identical to the already released version, but the rest of the opening is sung with English lyrics by the same artist, Kanako Itou. Interestingly, the only other time she has sung in English for the Science Adventure series was for the opening of Steins;Gate Elite.
No official comments have been made regarding this iteration of the opening theme, but perhaps it will be played during a significant story scene in the game. Or, it can simply be a scrapped variant with remnants of the files. Regardless, this is certainly a discovery worth keeping in the back of your mind.
UPDATE 7/10/2022: According to the same individual, this is in fact some sort of easter egg or minigame. They stated the following:
If you tap out the song melody (or just press A a bunch of times, not sure about the condition) during the initial intro of the OP you’ll get a rhythm game later on, which if you win, will change the chorus to English.
This is truly a fascinating find. You can find the YouTube video of this in action below, alongside a high video quality version from me:
- The newest Science Adventure entry, Anonymous;Code, is coming West in 2023 with a Steelbook.
- View our extensive coverage of the forthcoming Anonymous;Code Japanese release.
- Anonymous;Code Opening Movie
- A potential Western Summer 2023 release was leaked.
- Cyber Force Dolls Ad & New Commerical
- 2 Vocal Song Previews
You can listen to the English variant of the Anonymous;Code opening theme, “GAME OVER,” below:
So, funny, ANONYMOUS;CODE Trial sound archive included a file named "gameover_short_en" which at a glimpse I thought was the same file as JP, but… take a listen to the chorus #AnonymousCode pic.twitter.com/9R5Z7NOypB
— Andrew (@MrComputerRevo) July 9, 2022
Thanks to prominent Science Adventure fansite Kiri Kiri Basara for bringing attention to this find.
Anonymous;Code is releasing for Japan on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on July 28, 2022.
- Check out our beginner’s guide to the Science Adventure series.
- Why Chaos;Head is my favorite visual novel of all time.
- Chaos;Head Noah is Coming West to PC via Steam October 2022
- Chaos;Head Noah / Chaos;Child Double Pack is Coming West to Switch October 2022
- Check out the Steins;Gate x Hello Kitty Visual Novel that received a fan translation.
- The Origins You Never Knew About Steins;Gate Protagonist Okabe Rintaro: Chaos;Gate
- Robotics;Notes recently shared its 10th anniversary illustration.
Anonymous;Code is releasing in the West for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.