Deep Silver announced that the Nine Dots developed open-world survival RPG Outward has launched a free update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
“I never took for granted that Outward would perform well, but we wanted to trust the players’ ability to learn and adapt. I’m so glad that it paid off and it makes us that much more confident for our future development efforts,” said Guillaume Boucher-Vidal, CEO of Nine Dots Studio.
Outward has had more than 400,000 players embark on its open-world adventure since its launch this past March. Along with new content, the developers have also implemented various game fixes and improvements.
With the new update, players will find:
- Hardcore Mode – Adding a new layer of difficulty, this mode introduces permadeath to the game. Additionally, there’s a chance that following a death your save game will be deleted.
- Endgame bosses – These bosses are hidden and waiting for players.
- Improved legacy chest system – New functionality, which players should experience.
- End game ends – More items to discover after the game is completed.
- Poutine – The Quebec superfood (which makes sense considering the developers are from Canada).
Outward is a fantasy RPG developed to give the player all the responsibility of living in the game’s world, Aurai. Players will be able to be fully immersed in the game’s challenging combat and exploration.
You can watch a new video where the developers walk you through the update below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.