Gaming publication Game Informer recently interviewed Kingdom Hearts series creator Tetsuya Nomura about the franchise’s future, new tidbits regarding Kingdom Hearts IV, and much more.
If you would like a detailed summation of the provided information, you can view my coverage via KH13, but for a more digestible overview, a list is below:
- Nomura’s favorite fan reactions are the original Kingdom Hearts’ ending, and the Luxu reveal at the end of Kingdom Hearts III
- Kingdom Hearts IV’s story will primarily focus on Sora’s disappearance, with the continuation of other original characters’ stories not being certain, specifically the Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days trios.
- Nomura was surprised by the popularity surrounding the trios of those two aforementioned games.
- Disney was eager about Sora’s inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, with Nomura worried that it would clash with the “established lore in Kingdom Hearts and the Disney worlds.”
- Nomura is happy with how he and the team handled Xehanort’s character throughout the series, including Ansem and Xemnas.
- The Foretellers will be the new antagonists going forward, and they will be reintroduced. In addition, new, unspecified characters are also teased.
- Sora will always be the franchise’s central protagonist, and his absence would mean the end of mainline entries.
- Kingdom Hearts IV will have a few Disney worlds, though their incorporation this time will slightly differ.
- Reaction Commands were removed in Kingdom Hearts III because of their negative reception in Kingdom Hearts II.
- Quadratum will be Kingdom Hearts IV’s base, and players will return to it throughout the course of the game.
- The sheer quality of graphics nowadays limits the quantity of what worlds can be made, with fewer Disney worlds than the norm being implied.
- Realism will be explored more to an extent, with Sora’s daily life routines being showcased.
- Incorporating Final Fantasy characters is difficult because of how many original characters there are, and their initial usage was to be used as a collective device to get to know the original cast better.
- EDIT: The upcoming Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link will have mysteries spread throughout the series, undoubtedly resolving some and setting up further questions. “Also, some figures that appear in Missing-Link are tied to Kingdom Hearts IV.” Further, it is a lot closer to the series than previous mobile releases, with Nomura adding that those yearning for new Kingdom Hearts IV info or hints should play it.
In Kingdom Hearts IV, Sora is in Quadratum with Strelitzia, a prominent character from Kingdom Hearts Union χ. This setting is an afterworld for the two characters following their tragic fates. Additionally, this new saga has been titled the Lost Master Arc. Further, some combat footage was showcased, with Sora performing Keyblade transformations against a giant entity that seems to be a Heartless? We don’t know for sure.
“The heart resides within the soul, which in turn is guided by fate to its rightful place” is a crucial phrase used at the start of this trailer for the upcoming mainline game.
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts IV
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts Missing – Link
- Who is the girl in the Kingdom Hearts IV trailer?
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary event Q & A
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Memory Locker messages
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Tetsuya Nomura interview with Famitsu
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.