Dear Villagers announced that the Sunnyside Games-developed adventure platformer Nocturnal has launched its Enhanced Edition update on PC via Steam.
This will be the final update for the game, but it comes with a long list of improvements and fixes, including:
- A redesigned experience, from the ground up
- A new extended moveset and talents tree with the ability to burn down everything (including 6 new active talents!)
- Extended levels with brand-new challenges
- New enemies: The Swarm and Shielded
- New accessibility feature to reduce the game’s difficulty
- An additional 7 lore letters, and a new reading animation for lore items
- New music and improved SFX
- Visual and lighting enhancements, including new rooms and vistas, and Improved melee combat FX
- Destructibles and new types of platforms
- New level selection menu and U improvements
- Global game rebalance to make the game more intense
- Redesigned storyline and dialogue
- New tutorials and tips in loading screens
- Strong optimization improvements and a new performance mode accessible through the options menu
However, there is no planned release of the update to consoles for the year. We’ll keep a lookout for any future announcements.
“Thanks to the community feedback, we’re now happy to come back with a significantly better version of Nocturnal” said Sunnyside Games co-founder Gabriel Sonderegger. “This update offers numerous improvements that we hope you’ll enjoy!”
Nocturnal has players explore a variety of dark ruins, offering a range of optional trials for those looking to test their skills. For those who relish a genuine challenge, the game provides various speedrunning features such as quicker transitions, the ability to skip cutscenes, and a timer that can be paused. For the most daring adventurers, there’s Permadeath Mode, where you must complete the entire journey with just a single life at your disposal.
In case you missed it, check out our review.
You can watch the trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.