Nintendo Direct February 2022 Announcements Round-Up
Today’s Nintendo Direct contained a slew of noteworthy new game announcements and updates. Below, we have compiled the most important announcements that fans should be aware of, alongside links to our respective, if applicable, pages of coverage containing trailers and more information.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – Players witness the journeys of protagonists Noah and Mio contending with a conflict between the nations of Keves and Agnus. 6 characters will be the crux of the experience, and the broad concept of “life” will be the title’s central theme. Additionally, this new world connects the futures of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. A September 2022 release window was provided.
- Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition – A remaster of the PlayStation 1 classic, including several enhancements such as turning off encounters, and a newly arranged soundtrack. Radical Dreamers is also included, a text-based adventure telling Chrono Cross’ origins. Pre-orders are currently available on the Switch eShop ahead of the title’s April 7, 2022 release.
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes – This unexpected musou take on Three Houses will be arriving on June 24, 2022. Players can experience thrilling action combat in the land of Fódlan, with Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and many more characters. Its current placement in the timeline is unclear, or if it’s completely separate from Fire Emblem Three Houses.
- Triangle Strategy – This tactical RPG will be receiving a free extensive demo ahead of its March 4, 2022 release. The demo lasts until the end of Chapter 3 and save data can be carried over to the full retail release.
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land – A new trailer was showcased, revealing Kirby able to swallow and transform into real-life objects such as cars and vending machines. Further, his copy abilities can be upgraded at Waddle Dee’s shop.
- Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series – This compilation includes the first 2 games of the franchise, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil. These titles are beloved platformers, where players control the protagonist Klonoa traversing a myriad of environmental and enemy obstacles. The collection is releasing on July 28, 2022.
- Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp – This remastered pack has been stated to receive fast forward functionality, multiplayer and full voice-acting ahead of its newly revealed April 8, 2022 release.
- Live A Live – (Pronounced Live as in ‘live stream’ for both words) An official remake and localization for cult classic Super Famicom title Live A Live was announced during today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, to be released on July 22, 2022.
- SD Gundam Battle Alliance – During SD Gundam Battle Alliance, players can choose and customize from three mobile suits to take into battle. The game features action systems that rely on character stats to overcome challenging missions. Although the game is cute, there is a layer of strategy here. 2022 release window.
- Front Mission 1st: Remake – This is an upcoming pair of remakes of the first two Front Mission titles, originally released for the Super Famicom in 1995 and 1997. These remakes, with the first one announced to be arriving in Summer 2022, are the first “traditional” entries in the series since Front Mission 5, which was released only in Japan in 2005 for the PlayStation 2. The sequel will also be receiving a remake in the unspecified future.
- EarthBound / EarthBound Beginnings – Earthbound and Earthbound Beginnings are launching on the Nintendo Switch Online service. If you missed these games from their Wii U release, then you won’t need to wait much longer, as later today, you will be able to play them on your Switch where ever your heart leads you.
- Nintendo Switch Sports – Releasing on April 29, 2022, including games already featured like bowling, tennis, and chambara, along with three newcomers to the series soccer, badminton, and volleyball.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass – 48 playable courses are going to be added across 6 waves of DLC. This is sure to appease Mario Kart veterans with returning tracks. This DLC initiates on March 18, 2022.
- Portal: Companion Collection – A collection of Portal 1 and Portal 2 with local, online, and split-screen multiplayer for the latter. 2022 release window.
- Mario Strikers Battle League – The soccer Mario sports spinoff is now being revived, boasting a variety of customization and up to 20 player invites. June 10, 2022 release.
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival – This is a new entry in the Taiko no Tatsujin series, featuring a story mode, an orchestra mode! With up to 76 songs, including MEGALOVANIA from Undertale, Gurenge from Demon Slayer, KAIKIKITAN from Jujutsu Kaisen, players can enjoy a wide array of songs. 2022 release window.
- Splatoon 3 – The title’s Salmon Run co-op mode is showcased with several new features.
- No Man’s Sky – This ambitious exploratory game set across the universe will be releasing for the Switch this Summer.
- The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story – Announced only in the Japan version of the Nintendo Direct, this title will be receiving a localized release. This is a live-action mystery adventure being developed by h.a.n.d. Throughout this game, players witness the tragic tale of the Shijima family, who have experienced many familial deaths over the past 100 years. The protagonist is a mystery novelist named Haruka Kagami who utilizes his detective prowess to investigate the four deaths that have plagued this family’s history. This game currently has a May 12, 2022 release date.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.