New information regarding the next upcoming Ys title, Ys X has been shared via reliable Japanese insider ryokutya2089. The following primary points have been stated.
Thanks to Falcom community member Hansuke for translating the following facets.
- Adol looks like a young boy, around the age of Ys I & II.
- “A woman who looks to be the main heroine is shown. Uses a one-handed ax. Their arms are connected by an aura-shaped string/cord.”
- 1 versus 1 combat is a focus, with huge changes to the party member switching mechanic and weapon attributes. Personally, this seems akin to Ys VI, though it isn’t entirely certain yet.
- Souls-like inspirations are stated, but not overt.
NOTE: Bullet points below are direct Famitsu coverage, as opposed to the above:
New official art has been shared, viewable below:
Kondo: I can’t say which platforms that it will be on, but we wanted a wide range of users to enjoy the game, and lowering Adol’s age may be a part of that goal. We are working on various of platforms for its release.
Our team’s Ryuji translated the following points:
- Falcom wants to make older Ys titles playable on current hardware.
- Mentions an emphasis on providing new gameplay, as well as new scenarios, actions, and systems.
- The title will take place in Eresia, though the writer of the Famitsu article paints this as speculation.
- Kondo’s favorite Ys track is “To Make the End of Battle”
- Kondo emphasizes that Ys X is not a full-on Souls-like, as there is simply inspiration taken from the genre
- Kondo recommends any Ys game for newcomers. Later games like Ys VIII and IX are explicitly stated and shouldn’t be intimidating because they’re standalone.
- Similar to Nayuta’s Switch release, Kondo wants to make older Ys games playable on modern hardware.
- Ys X’ story will not be centered around the Romun Empire
- The Party Member system where you change characters and weapon attributes (Slash, Pierce & Strike) at will has received major changes, though it hasn’t yet been elaborated how
- Kondo heavily implies a multiplatform release.
- Adol will be around 17 years old, his age during Ys 1 & 2
- Trivia – Dark Fact from Ys 1 took Kondo an extensive amount of time to debug. He began at 9 AM one day, and he still couldn’t beat him at 10 PM. He went to the programming team to tell them it was too hard. EDIT: This story applies to the Eternal version.
- Aside from Adol, Kondo’s favorite Ys character is Feena
Hansuke translated the following points:
- Ys X may take place in the equivalent of Northern Europe/UK, as stated by Kondo. The plot will have more of a focus on areas not shown in previous titles.
- Kondo teases that Ys porting projects are already under development, though specific games are not yet stated.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.