Square Enix has released a new update for their action JRPG, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, version 1.12. This patch applies a significant number of fixes to various issues, ranging from general performance optimization to granular gameplay adjustments.
Each patch note is listed below:
Applicable to Epic Games Store
- Added DLSS settings to System Settings.
Applicable to All Platforms
- A new feature allows use of anima shards and anima crystals from the battle settings screen, allowing players to more easily raise characters’ job levels.
- When browsing a list of rooms, the game no longer freezes when the cursor is moved downward.
- During the tutorial, the follow-up attack after using soul shield is no longer unsuccessful.
- Chain cancel now works as intended after unleashing any enemy attack.
- Apocalypse warrior’s job action: Light’s end
- Follow-up attacks are no longer recognized as regular attacks.
- Follow-up attacks no longer remain on-screen.
- Effects are now applied to all abilities when using command abilities seal of blood and divine sigil.
- The extended duration of status ailments and debuffs (with the exception of paralysis) has been amended for the command ability jubaku.
- For the class change properties of the merciless champion and gladiator, after landing a job action, parrying an attack now triggers combo abilities.
- Job affinity bonuses and certain other effects that affect command abilities no longer affect job actions.
- During multiplayer, job affinity bonuses and effects that trigger when afflicted with status ailments are now always applied (such as with the red mage and shadowmaster jobs).
- The cyclic warrior’s job affinity bonus divine punishment now affects chaosbringer.
- Jed no longer stops moving when resonance is activated with ninja as his selected job.
- Fixed issue causing increased poison damage to certain enemies.
- After destroying the body part of a boss with destructible parts, such as Tiamat and Dragon Zombie, continued attacks will no longer target said part.
- The effects of stun and poison spells against the Ur-Dragon King now accumulate as intended.
- Other various bug fixes.
If you missed it, check out our review.
Throughout Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, players control protagonist Jack Garland as he and his allies, Jed, Ash, Sophia, and Neon, aim to eliminate Chaos at its root and bring peace to the realm of Cornelia. However, despite the apparent simplicity of the task before them, their memories are haphazard and incomplete, leading to questioning motivations.
The gameplay is Nioh-like, with a variety of loot to obtain for better gear and several swappable Jobs representative of the Final Fantasy franchise at large. Multiplayer is also present.
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is now available worldwide on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store. The first DLC, Trials of the Dragon King, is also available.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.