Square Enix has finally uploaded the English version of Star Ocean The Divine Force’s fourth mission report trailer, which introduces the party member Marielle L. Kenny, and support characters Chloe Kanaris, and Antonio Lawrence, alongside several mechanics.
Private Actions, special events not tied to the main story, can occur between members of the main cast, which builds affinity depending on players’ choices. Welch is also finally formally introduced in English. She welcomes the party to item creation which requires each character’s respective talents. For instance, Raymond is proficient at smithwork, while Laeticia is adept at compounding.
The Es’owa minigame is also briefly highlighted, where players must strategically place pawns on a board to defeat opponents. Each pawn houses its own abilities, special moves, and values, so they must all be carefully considered. Lastly, the degree of side content is emphasized, with fast travel applying convenience for players.
Considering how the Japanese version of this trailer launched last month, and there is still one remaining mission report trailer, I doubt Square Enix will bother releasing an English version of it. The game is launching later this month, after all. Still, I guess all we can do is wait and see.
Character renders for Welch, Antonio Lawrence, Chloe Kanaris, and Marielle L. Kenny are viewable via our gallery below:
You can view the fourth English mission report trailer for Star Ocean The Divine Force below:
Star Ocean The Divine Force is the newest RPG from developer Tri-Ace. The game features a sci-fi setting as the sixth entry in the franchise with an action-focused battle system. This narrative tells an original story led by protagonist Raymond, the captain of a space trading ship, along with Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of an underdeveloped planet. After how lukewarm Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness was, it’s relieving to see this series be given another new chance.
Throughout Star Ocean The Divine Force, players get to choose between protagonists Raymond and Laeticia, witnessing the story from multiple unique insights. Raymond’s perceptions offer more sci-fi know-how, while Laeticia’s perspective focuses more on fantasy elements. Combat is real-time Further, the addition of Stop Mode allows players to literally pause the action, letting them form new stratagems on the fly.
Star Ocean The Divine Force is releasing on October 27, 2022, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
- Announcement Coverage; Screenshots, Narrative & Renders
- Release Date, Character & Combat Introduction Coverage; Mission Report #1
- Raymond Opening Movie, New Renders, Pre-Order Bonuses & Editions
- Japan Collector’s Edition
- Es’owa Minigame Revealed
- Famitsu Screenshots & Gameplay Information
- Raymond & Laeticia Trailers
- Companions Will Differ Depending On Chosen Protagonist
- Mission Report #2
- Mission Report #3
- New Screenshots & Vyrian + Malkya Character Renders
- Japan-Only Pre-Order Collaboration Alongside Valkyrie Elysium
- Elena & Albabird Trailers
- Official Material Collection Available for Pre-Order
- Original Soundtrack Available for Pre-Order
- Framed Key Art Available for Pre-Order
- Theme Song “PANDORA” by Hyde
- Nina & Midas Trailers
- New Screenshots
- Tokyo Game Show 2022 Coverage
- Demo Now Available
- Mission Report #4 (Japanese)
- Mission Report #5 (Japanese)
- English Mini Manga
- Marielle & Malkya Character Trailers
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.