Sega and Sonic Team have announced that a new patch is available for Sonic Frontiers. Platforms were not specified, but it assumedly applies to all versions, save for the note specifying Xbox Series S.
You can view these new patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where Xbox Series S owners were not able to select Performance mode to prioritize framerate.
- Fixed an issue where the Kronos Island Titan boss would disappear after reattempting the fight.
- Fixed an issue where one of the Chaos Island icons was showing as locked even after completion.
Sonic Frontiers is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. Check out our review.
- Prequel Comic; Convergence Part 1
- Prequel Comic; Convergence Part 2
- Launch Trailer
- Official “Undefeatable” Music Video
- Divergence Animated Prologue
- Assistant Lore Manager Position
- Free Monster Hunter Collab DLC Available
- Official “Vandalize” Music Video
- Big the Cat Lo-Fi
- Open-Zone & Cyber Space Wallpapers
Throughout Sonic Frontiers, Sonic finds himself stranded on the Starfall Islands after being separated from his friends, Tails, and Amy. A mysterious AI-like voice then begins guiding him to find the Chaos Emeralds and defeat the island’s Titans, which will supposedly save his friends. However, a new character, Sage, is impeding Sonic on his quest to do so.
Sonic Frontiers features an “open-zone” gameplay style, where players will freely explore five distinct islands housing unique biomes, puzzles, enemies, and more. Combat is a direct focus this time, with several enemy types to best and a skill tree to sink resources into. Moreover, the Cyber Space levels provide some familiar speed-centric linearity veteran fans can embrace.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.