Atlus recently aired a new Persona 3 Reload commercial in Japan, showing off slight bits of new footage. Various new cinematics are highlighted alongside areas we haven’t previously seen in this engine: Iwatodai Strip Mall and Naganaki Shrine. Additionally, some sections of Tartarus are shown off.
Persona 3 Reload is a remake of Persona 3 made in Unreal Engine. The game is confirmed to release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows in early 2024. It will also be playable for Game Pass subscribers on launch.
- rPoducer clarified that the game will feature added main story content from Persona 3 FES but lack The Answer epilogue and the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable.
- tSaff confirmed that Tartatus will feature new elements, such as a dash function, to make exploration more enjoyable.
- Will feature new events to focus on characters who did not receive as much focus in the original game.
- Development Began in Late 2019
- Development for Reload is in its Final Stages; Will be a Deeper Dive, Not an Evolution
UPDATE 6/18/2023: Atlus Japan has officially uploaded the new commercial:
UPDATE 6/19/2023: Sega Asia has uploaded an English-subtitled version of the trailer:
Persona 3 was initially a PlayStation 2 title that birthed the concept of Social Links that would follow in Persona 4 and Persona 5. Then, a director’s cut version named FES launched later, featuring a new playable epilogue called The Answer and added enhanced gameplay features.
Years later, Persona 3 Portable was released for the PSP, which removed The Answer and the ability to walk around town but added the option to play as a female protagonist and new post-game challenges.
Persona 3 Portable is now available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.