In Japan, tomorrow will be March 28, 2022, signaling the Kingdom Hearts franchise’s 20-year anniversary. Now, while the official anniversary event by Square Enix is being held on April 10, 2022, there is a chance that brand new celebratory anniversary art may arrive tomorrow from series director Tetsuya Nomura.
He tends to illustrate celebratory art for significant milestones, including the series’ 10-year and 15-year anniversaries. There is no guarantee this new art will be revealed tomorrow, but I’m willing to bet it will be considering the sheer scale a 20-year anniversary imparts. We’ll be sure to inform you all if this notable event occurs. I’m on the metaphorical edge of my seat for this.
The currently ongoing Kingdom Hearts cafe in Japan has unrevealed artwork, which may be a brand new illustration we’ve never seen before; perhaps the 20-year anniversary artwork? We’ll simply have to wait and see.
If you missed them, check out my appreciative pieces on the following data fights:
- Check out the fully playable Riku mod for Kingdom Hearts III, titled “Project EQUINOX.”
- Check out the fully playable Kairi mod for Kingdom Hearts III, titled “Project Embrace.”
- Check out the fan efforts to create Traverse Town within Kingdom Hearts III.
- Regarding artwork, view the official Kingdom Hearts media accounts sharing art of Sora commemorating Final Fantasy VII’s 25-year anniversary.
- Check out the unironic simplicity of the Kingdom Hearts timeline.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.