New Forspoken Patch Updates Gameplay Features, Adjusts Graphics, Optimizes & More
Square Enix has announced that the Luminous Productions-developed action-adventure, Forspoken, has been updated to version 1.10 on PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store.
Several adjustments and fixes have been implemented regarding the game’s graphics, gameplay features, and overall optimization. You can view the latest Forspoken patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where the screen unintentionally flickers when AMD’s Radeon RX570 or RX580 is used. (PC version)
- Fixed an issue where the screen flickers. (Rare issue / PlayStation 5 version)
- Various minor fixes.
- Adjusted the explanatory text and default camera position for the tutorial of the Magic Parkour skill Zip.
- Added an option allowing players to choose to automatically switch to the last-viewed section when accessing a menu.
- Added an option to allow players to choose to automatically point the camera to the targeted enemy when locking on an enemy during charging spells.
- Added an option enabling players to choose to automatically switch the lock-on target to a nearby enemy after defeating a locked-on enemy.
- Added an option that enables players to lock on to off-screen enemies.
- Added an option for players to choose to prevent being staggered by the effects of Frey’s own spells.
- Adjusted some enemy movement and behavior when taking damage.
- Adjusted Sila’s Magic “Slice” to be unleashed in the direction Frey is facing.
- Adjusted the lighting of certain areas in Cipal.
- Adjusted the camera effects that occur when framing bright objects such as the sun.
- Adjusted the texture and shading for certain objects.
- Adjusted the number of polygons for certain background objects.
- Improved the glare filter quality.
- Updated the menu to display the required memory usage. (PC version)
- Updated the opening sequence to go through the Brightness Settings before starting the game for the first time.
- Removed the VRS entry from the Graphics section of the menu. (PC version)
*The shader has been optimized to have the Variable Rate Shading (VRS) available for all hardware.
- Updated the DirectX 12 version to 1.606.4 from 1.4.10. (PC version)
- Reduced the processing load in certain areas. (The load has been reduced to approximately 70% in certain scenes.)
- Reduced the VRAM usage. (PC version)
- Minor optimization for certain features.
In case you missed it, check out our review of the game’s PlayStation 5.
Luminous Productions revealed that they are merging with Square Enix in May 2023.
The official Forspoken soundtrack is now physically and digitally available.
Forspoken is now available on PlayStation 5 and PC. Additionally, the Forspoken: In Tanta We Trust Story DLC will be available Summer 2023. It appears to be a sort of prequel story, but we aren’t wholly certain yet.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.