Developer Matthias Linda and publisher Deck13 have announced that their story-heavy turn-based RPG, Chained Echoes, has received a significant update on PC via Steam. In particular, Chinese language support has been added, and various issues have been remedied.
You can view the latest patch notes for Chained Echoes below:
- Added: Chinese language support
- Fixed: Quickstep not working properly
- Fixed: Kylian’s double Atk passive skill (finally)
- Fixed: Tiger skills ignoring physical barriers
- Fixed: invading a certain camp and causing area layering problems
- Fixed: a rare saving issue caused by last patch
- Fixed: Extender RAM
- Fixed: Changing resolution while in battle causing the CTB bar to change position
- Fixed: Translation errors
- Fixed: Other minor errors
Chained Echoes was developed for over seven years. The game borrows many elements from past SNES RPGs with its 16-bit presentation. Players follow a group of heroes tasked with exploring the continent of Valandis to bring an end to the war between its three kingdoms. They will meet other characters throughout the adventure to add to the party and uncover a 30 – 40 hour story.
Regarding gameplay, levels are not traditionally earned through combat. Instead, bosses and significant tasks grant shards that enable the cast to learn various skills. On the other hand, winning battles provides SP used to empower already acquired skills. Moreover, all health and magic are fully replenished after each battle, and the combat design takes advantage of that, requiring players to pour their all into every encounter.
- The game recently received a significant update adding several systems like New Game +
- Check out our review of the game’s PC version.
- The voice actor for protagonist Clive Rosfield in Final Fantasy XVI, Ben Starr, recently praised the game.
- New Game + was recently added in a free update.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.