Publisher Raw Fury and developer Eggnut have announced a prequel to their narrative adventure Backbone, titled Tails: The Backbone Preludes. Players can look forward to new intertwined stories featuring four anthropomorphic animals within the same “post-noir dystopian vision of Vancouver.”
The following general key features are advertised:
- A powerful narrative of growth and change – Experience key moments in the lives of the main cast, set them on the path of self-realization or even destruction, and experience the growing pains of a world on the cusp of irreversible change.
- Four stories, united by a common future – Explore the intricate backstories of Backbone alums Howard, Clarissa, and Renee, and meet Eli, the scientist who made a shocking discovery that will change the world.
- Built for replayability – A brand-new branching tree interface allows you to track your choices, not only as you play each story, but every time you return for another run.
- Play your way – Return to the world of dystopian Vancouver to learn more about your favorite characters, or start at the beginning – you can play Backbone and Tails in either order.
- Gorgeous visuals – In the beloved pixel art style, players can revisit iconic locations such as Gastown, and explore new spaces like high-class homes and cozy college dorm rooms.
- Another banger of a soundtrack – Doom jazz makes a triumphant return in a brand-new original soundtrack by Danshin, perfectly accompanying the themes and characters of each story under a single melodic umbrella.
You can view the game’s announcement trailer below:
Tails: The Backbone Preludes is releasing for PC via Steam in 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.