NetEase announced that the 24 Entertainment-developed online action game Naraka: Bladepoint will launch on PlayStation 5 on July 13, 2023.
However, that wasn’t the only news the publisher had to share. It was revealed that the game will adopt a free-to-play model across all available platforms, including the upcoming PS5 release. Players can experience the game’s 60-player PVP mode with cross-platform support.
We aren’t sure what will be monetized or what systems will change with this new model.
Further, a new content update is on the horizon, which includes:
- Capture the Spirit Well: A 12v12 gang wars battle that allows players to capture locations to earn points
- New Dual Halberds Weapon: Combines a spear and a dagger into one. It can stab straight and also strike horizontally, with the ability to lock other weapons.
- Justice Chamber updates to Guild Mode: Position and more features will be added to the current guild system.
- New Hero – Tessa: Tessa is a 1000-year-old fox demon who can charm her enemies and capture their souls
- Veteran rewards: Players who previously purchased the game will receive in-game gold equivalent to what edition they currently possess and more
- PlayStation 5 player-exclusive items
- Anniversary in-game events and rewards
- Collaboration with Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains (based on a famous Chinese painting)
- 3D Lobby: Players can grapple around and explore while queuing
New season skin theme: Classic of Mountains and Seas and the god of four seasons
- XGP Benefits: Players with a NARAKA account via Xbox Game Pass will be automatically upgraded from the Standard Edition to the new Deluxe Edition containing in-game rewards
Naraka: Bladepoint doesn’t seem to have much of a story outside a group of characters who are more like gods fighting each other. The gameplay is online-focused with various multiplayer modes and a map named Interaction. Players will utilize maneuverability through the stages as they figure out ways to outsmart opponents.
Given that this is a free-to-play game, players can expect some microtransactions, including cosmetic customization options. The gameplay is violent and features a wide array of playable characters who add their own unique skills and talents to match a player’s playstyle.
Naraka: Bladepoint is available now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.
In case you missed it, check out our review of Naraka: Bladepoint.
You can watch the announcement trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.