Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and retail co-publishing partner Deep Silver have announced that Chivalry 2 will launch on June 8, 2021, with Cross-Play support for PC via the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4 PlayStation 5, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X/S console systems. PC players who pre-order the title will gain access to the Cross-Play Closed Beta event beginning March 26.
Torn Banner Founder, Steve Piggott, had this to say regarding the recent announcements:
“Our dev team has been firing on all cylinders to create the best medieval combat game imaginable. Chivalry 2 is going to be everything fans of the first title dreamed of and so much more – from a combat system rebuilt from the ground up, to massive upgrades in scale and visuals.”
John Gibson, the CEO and Co-owner at publisher Tripwire Interactive, had this to say regarding the recent announcements:
“We continue to be impressed with the craftsmanship and creativity from our partners at Torn Banner Studios. They’ve crafted something very special with Chivalry 2, building the groundwork for a game that will allow players to experience epic medieval battles across all five major gaming platforms for years to come.”
You can read the details of what to expect from the Closed Beta event below:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with various heavy siege engines, including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders, and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in various other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.