During the Playism 2022 game show event, the publisher revealed a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Momodara title, Momodora: Moonlit Farewell. This series boasts qualitative art, sound, and combat design, and this latest entry seems no different. Additionally, developer Bombservice has launched the game’s Steam page, hosting various information.
The following gameplay features are advertised:
- Gorgeous pixel art and animation
- Action-packed gameplay focusing on melee combos, dodging enemy attacks, and firing arrows at enemies
- The “Sigil” system, which allows for greatly customizable play styles
- Intense and core-shaking boss battles
- Deep exploration into a world rich in lore and atmosphere
- Freely adjustable difficulty levels, allowing you to relax and explore the alluring world at your own pace or take on mighty foes for a real challenge
Further, Moonlit Farewell takes place five years following the conclusion of Momodara III. Koho Village’s matriarch sends their most adept priestess, Momo Reinol, to investigate the ringing of a seemingly ominous bell heard in the distance. Demons have begun populating the premises too, and the village denizens hope that apprehending the culprit behind this occurrence will protect the Lun Tree’s, their hub for vitality and restoration.
Momodara series creator, rdein, intends to “close the book on many of the past games’ mysteries and questions.” Still, this adventure will be enjoyable standalone as narrative has never been a focal point of Momodara experiences. No release date or window has been provided, and only a Steam version has been confirmed.
You can view the newest gameplay trailer for Momodora: Moonlit Farewell below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.