Bandai Namco stealthy announced the release date for their free-to-play mecha action title Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2, via The Drop, now coming to PlayStation 4 on October 1.
As for launch day content, the publisher has announced the players will be able to enjoy the following mechs:
- Blue Destiny Unit-1 from Side Story: The Blue Destiny
- Gundam Ground Type from 08th MS Team
- Full Armor Gundam from Mobile Suit Variation
- Dwadge from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Zaku 1 (GS) from Zeonic Front
- Gundam Pixie from Cross Dimension 0079
- Guncannon Mass Production Type from War in the Pocket
- Gundam RX-78-2 from Mobile Suit Gundam
- Gouf Custom from 08th MS Team
- Xamel from Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 brings updated systems and features when compared to its predecessor and takes the 6v6 action to a new level in terms of battle system mechanics and customization. New to the game are Infantry battles which add a new dimension to the in-game combat, giving players the ability to take part in various fights alongside their favorite mechas.
During this mode, players will place bombs in enemy bases or request support fire to help turn the tide of battle. Additionally, the game features a deep customization feature for players to go into detail to create the mecha of their dreams, these enhancement features are purchased through Development Points earned in battle.
Players can expect to find an ever-evolving rotation of Mobile Suits, Stages, and events to always have something new to return. In addition to all this, there are plans to support the game post-launch with additional content and features.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.