Neowiz and developer JellySnow released free new content for their 2D action-roguelike Metal Unit, available now on Nintendo Switch and PC-via Steam.
The update adds in a new dungeon called “The Ruins” that players can encounter during Chapter 4 of the main campaign.
Additionally, the update adds:
- New character portrait art during cinematics
- New ruins dungeon (Deeplava) with a unique progression system
- New player skin and achievement
- New items (10+) and new item type (hologram)
- Improved map UI during map transition
- Hide player UI during cinematic transitions
- Improved cutscene before the final boss battle
- Fixed sprites layering issues
Metal Unit is a story-driven side-scroller where players will use a range of melee and ranged weapons to fit their playstyle. The game also features rogue-like elements where players will lose their equipment and items if they die, but points gained during gameplay can be used to purchase other items or skills.
The story focuses on Joanna’s main character, as she heads out on her mission to get revenge on her sister, who took up arms with alien invaders. Throughout the story, Joanna will uncover the truth about the world they live in.
In case you missed it, read our review of the PC release also check out our interview with the developer about the future of Metal Unit.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.