Developer Piranha Games has announced that the upcoming expansion for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, Legend of the Kestrel Lancers, will be releasing for consoles and PC next week, September 23, alongside a major update.
This expansion is more story-centric than the current sandbox elements the game houses, focusing on the “Fourth Succession War” featuring 14 Missions and 7 large-scale Battle Quests. More All-Out War scenarios will be provided in this expansion, too, with 20 new Mech variants, strongly emphasizing the overwhelming atmosphere of war.
Additionally, a significant new update for the base game will introduce melee combat into the mix. Players will also be able to switch to the AI-controlled Lance Mechs, giving full player control in missions.
You can view the listed key features for the Legend of the Kestrel Lancers expansion below:
- Story Rich Campaign: Set during the “Fourth Succession War,” one of the most famous periods of conflict in BattleTech lore, players can look forward to an epic 14-mission campaign complete with custom dialogue
- Urban Warfare: Explore and destroy Mega Cities significantly larger than any Urban Centers previously in the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
- All-Out War: These grand-scale scenarios are designed to make the player feel like their Mercenary company is part of a larger force at play on the field of combat
- New Biomes: The operatic scope of the campaign’s original story calls for equally impressive environments. Players can look forward to exploring new Mega City, Jungle, and Tourmaline Desert biomes on their journey across the galaxy
You can view the listed key features for the free update coming to the base game below:
- Melee Combat: For the first time, players will be able to swing and punch with close quarters mech-on-mech combat
- Mech Switching: Take on full direct control of any AI-controlled Lance ’Mechs in any mission with the press of a button
You can view the Teaser trailer for the Legend of the Kestrel Lancers expansion below:
You can view the Gameplay Features trailer for the Legend of the Kestrel Lancers expansion below:
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is currently available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.