Developer Piranha Games has announced that MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will be featuring cross-play for the first time in the entirety of the franchise’s history. There will also be a free, major update at launch, including over 30 new and enhanced features. Friends can also join each other to experience the entirety of the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC Career Mode campaign.
To celebrate these numerous announcements, the base game’s price has dropped to $29.99, and the special Kobold Hero Mech will be an exclusive for the Microsoft PC and Xbox platforms with a custom load-out and paint job, alongside a special new Goblin AI pilot with all-new dialogue.
Russ Bullock, the President and Executive Producer at Piranha Games, had this to say regarding these numerous announcements:
“The MechWarrior community feedback has been vital for the 30+ quality-of-life updates and new content at launch. We’ve strived to meet fan expectations for what a MechWarrior experience is with this release – including a new co-op cross-platform experience, base game price drop, and DLC content with the ability to join a friend for free – and look forward to hearing from them on May 27.”
You can view the advertised, enhanced features below:
- Cross-platform play – Fight alongside your friends with four-player PvE co-op support on PC (Steam, GOG, Epic) and Xbox
- DLC sharing – Play co-op games with players that own the DLC to experience the content
- Extreme conditions
- Loads of gameplay changes – Including Infantry present throughout game, full 360 LOD radar (with BAP available with DLC), more extreme conditions and effects, enhanced AI, enhanced salvage crates, AND SO MUCH MORE
- Campaign changes – New story beginning and optional tutorial
- UI changes – Ability to track encounters and where to hunt desired ‘Mechs, instant action loading previously selected mechs and pilots, modding updates, amongst others
You can view the announcement trailer below:
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC will be available for Xbox Series X|S, Steam, and GOG on May 27, 2021. The title can currently be wishlisted on both Steam and GOG as well.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.