Nintendo has just officially released Version 3.0 for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game. This update adds in the final wave of the Mario Kart 8: Deluxe’s Booster Course Pass DLC package, with eight new courses and four new characters added to the roster.
Furthermore, several bug fixes and improvements were also made to the game. You can view the full patch notes from Nintendo’s support website below:
- Added paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 6 (two cups, eight courses, four characters, 17 Mii racing suits).
- Added “Music” button to the top menu.
- This is a feature where you can listen to the background music that plays during the game, as you like.
- Even players who don’t own the Booster Course Pass can listen to the background music of the DLC courses.
- Added feature where other players who aren’t friends can join in a Room.
- After creating a room, press the + or – Button to display the Room ID on the Room screen, and tell your fellow racers the Room ID.
- The other racers can join by entering the Room ID in “Search by Room ID.”
- Made it so that you can create a Room even if you have 0 friends registered.
- Added staff credits for the Booster Couse Pass. To view the credits, you must clear all of the DLC cups in Grand Prix mode ranked third or higher, or if you don’t have the Booster Course Pass, you can alternatively unlock it by racing in the DLC courses in Online Play or Wireless Play 100 times or more, and then clearing a random cup in Grand Prix mode ranked third or higher.
- Increased the invincibility time of a portion of characters and vehicle customizations.
- Made it so that you can’t acquire strong items when taking an Item Box by stopping or driving in reverse, or taking an Item Box that is in same location multiple times during a race.
- Shortened the time between when an Item Box is acquired by someone until it is restored.
- Lowered the appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc in “Worldwide” and “Regional.”
- Made it so you can acquire the “Varia Suit” when using a Metroid series amiibo.
- Made it so you can acquire the “Hylian Suit” when using a Legend of Zelda series amiibo.
- Made it so you can acquire the “Kirby Suit” when using a Kirby series amiibo.
- Made it so you can acquire the “Daisy Suit” when using a Daisy amiibo.
- Fixed an issue where no Bob-omb car blows up in Wii Moonview Highway, but a Bob-omb car blows up for someone you are playing with online.
- Fixed an issue where, when racing against a Ghost in Time Trials on Yoshi’s Island, the red road would not appear even though the Ghost touched the Winged Cloud.
First announced during the Nintendo Direct in early February 2022, the Booster Course pass contains 48 iconic returning tracks from across all of Mario Kart‘s storied history. The Booster Course Pass is currently available via Nintendo eShop for US$24,99. Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscribers can enjoy this new wave when it releases at no added cost.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.