In a somewhat unexpected turn of events, the Chairman and Representative Director of MAGES, Chiyomaru Shikura, has announced that he has stepped down from both positions.
His full messages have been translated below via our team’s Ryuji:
[Notice to Everyone]
“Due to the expiration of my term in office, I have decided to step down from my position as the Chairman and Representative Director of MAGES. I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to all the people involved, the dependable staff, and above all, the fans who my titles have touched, even if only a little, over the long years since the company’s founding. Truly, thank you so very much.
However, going forward in regards to my life as a creator, I would like to be allowed to continue for a little while longer, with a feeling of going back to my beginnings, like the good old days of AD (assistant director). I am currently in discussions with MAGES. to establish a new position and relationship for myself, and to build a system that will allow me to release new titles once more with my familiar staff members.”
This news follows the company reporting a loss of over ¥613,000,000. It’s evident that MAGES is clearly under some vital restructuring, so hopefully, everything works out. We’ll be sure to keep you all updated on any upcoming developments.
UPDATE: MAGES has confirmed that Shikura will be an executive producer of the company.
- Check out our beginner’s guide to the Science Adventure series.
- Anonymous;Code Western Release Announcement
- The Origins You Never Knew About Steins;Gate Protagonist Okabe Rintaro: Chaos;Gate
- The Steins;Gate Sequel You Never Heard Of: Steins;Gate: Variant Space Octet
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Ouroboros Designer Worked On Chaos;Head
- Robotics;Notes Manga Coming West 2023 via Udon Entertainment
- Robotics;Notes 10-Year Anniversary Illustration & Celebratory Main Theme Arrangement
- Steins;Gate Fan Patch Adds Old Japan-Only Cosplay Costumes
- Chaos;Head Visual Novel Openings Translated by Fans
The latest entry in the Science Adventure series, Anonymous;Code, will launch Westward for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.