Playism announced that the sen-developed adventure horror game, Mad Father Remake, will launch on Nintendo Switch and PC-via Steam on November 5.
Originally released as a free game in the East, Mad Father received graphical enhancements and new scenarios for an official 2016 release. Now, Mad Father Remake comes to Switch for the first time with an update being pushed to the Steam version.
Mad Father Remake has been “revamped” with updated in-game graphics and new scenes, including “Blood Mode,” a second playthrough that alters the story. Additional features have also been added, such as previously unknown revelations regarding the connection between the Blonde-Haired Youth and the Drevis family, the ability to control a new main character in “Blood Mode,” and stories regarding the cursed Drevis clan. The game has been created with fans new and old in mind.
Those who have purchased Mad Father on Steam will receive the update for free.
The updated version includes:
- Updated graphics (characters/maps/some skills/etc.)
- Widened game screen
- New events
- Newly added/revamped systems
- Newly added second playthrough “Blood Mode” (greatly changes the main scenario)
- New maps
- Gamepad compatibility
- Noise filter feature (can be turned off in Settings)
- “Doll Maker” added to Museum.
- New menu screens (Missions, Help, Options)
- Newly added controller button allocation feature
- Newly added voices (new variations incl. father’s laugh, etc.)
Newly added episodes
- Memories of the origins of the relationship between the Blonde-Haired Youth & the Drevis family
- In Blood Mode: Revelations of Aya’s mother and Drevis family secrets
- In Blood Mode: Play as a new main character and trace the cursed Drevis clan’s history.
Mad Father Remake tells the story of Aya Drevis as she reflects on the past of her mother’s death one year prior. To help with the pain, she asks her father if they can do something in memory of her. He agrees and sends her to bed, but suddenly, Aya hears a scream and finds that her home is littered with corpses.
Through this nightmare, Aya hopes to find her mom, but nothing is really as it seems. During gameplay, players can explore for hidden items and events.
You can watch the trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.