Square Enix has released 5 minutes of footage for the upcoming Life is Strange Remastered Collection, highlighting these two titles’ visual updates. A summation of these graphical upgrades can be viewed below:
- Rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lipsync animation
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture
- Updated models and materials for key props, eg the bucket in the bathroom
Screenshots from the original and Remastered release can be compared below:
You can view this new trailer for Life is Strange Remastered Collection below:
Life is Strange Remastered Collection bundles up Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm with a few updated features to make it a “remastered” title. The absence of current-gen consoles is strange, but the games will be playable via backward compatibility. This compilation is releasing for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia platforms on February 1, 2022. The Nintendo Switch version will be releasing later this year.
Life is Strange Remastered Collection includes quality-of-life enhancement such as remastered characters and environment visuals. Further, the game is running on a new engine, which allows the team to utilize better lighting and textures. The original game has also received a facelift with new fully motion-captured facial animation, and the sequel includes new outfits and a Farewell episode.
The collection tells the full story of Max and Chloe through some of the most significant parts of their lives. They suffer some rather intense situations, but the over-dramatized scenes make for a decent adventure experience that has gained many fans.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.