Neowiz and Round8 have announced that their souls-like action RPG Lies of P has been updated on PC via Steam and PlayStation. Several balance changes have been made, alongside bug fixes and more.
UPDATE: The update is now available on Xbox.
You can view the quoted patch notes for Lies of P below:
Field Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone-type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade”
Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
- Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
- Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God'”
Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the ‘Gold Coin Tree’
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
- Now supports the Dualshock 4 & DualSense controllers on Windows OS devices.
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II – Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly.
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets – Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)
[PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue]
Changes made to controller settings cannot be saved when the [Use X button for Enter] option is disabled. This feature is exclusive to PS4 systems in Asian regions. If you are facing constant resetting of your PS4 controller settings, please follow the instructions below to enable the [Use X button for Enter] option.
PS4 User Guide: To change the key binding for ‘Confirm’ from the O button to the X button, navigate to [Settings] → [System], and check the [Use X button for Enter] checkbox.
[Inability to Proceed to Chapter 3]
Some players have encountered difficulties in advancing to subsequent chapters due to abnormal actions, such as passing through doors in unconventional ways. To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions below:
- Install the latest patch.
- Launch the game and activate any Stargazer ability.
- Visit the Hotel and interact with Gepetto to trigger a P-Organ cutscene.
- Acquire the Krat City Hall Key.
[DualShock 4 & DualSense Controller Display Error on Windows]
If you trigger keyboard input while using the DualShock 4 & DualSense controller on a Windows operating system, the game’s input UI may switch to that of a keyboard. In this case, the key binding for ‘Menu’ will be displayed as ‘C’ instead of ‘ESC.’
- In case you missed it, check out our review of the full release.
- Two Lies of P weapons are set to be featured in the Team NINJA action game Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Lies of P tells a dark story of Pinocchio. Players assume the role of the beloved character and must navigate through a dark Belle Epoque world where dread is found around every corner. The once-beautiful city of Krat has become a living hell, and Pinocchio will need to find Mr. Geppetto to unravel the mystery of what happened.
Players will need to navigate the streets as Pinocchio faces off against demon-like enemies. To assist, systems such as weapon and item creation are available. However, the feature of lying is implemented where the more you lie, the more human you become, with all the advantages and disadvantages that entails. It sounds quite unique, not to mention characteristic of the source material.
Lies of P is now available worldwide on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.