Neowiz has announced that the original soundtrack for the Round8 souls-like action RPG Lies Of P is now available for purchase on Steam for $9.99. A total of 70 tracks are included in the WAV format.
Additionally, a substantial free update has been made, with its notes quoted below. New costumes, gameplay adjustments, and bug fixes have been implemented.
New Features and Content
New costumes have been added to the game.
After installing the latest update, the following items can be found in the ‘Equipment’ and ‘Bag’ menu.
- ‘Alchemist’s Hat’
- ‘Treasure Hunter’s Mask’
- ‘Treasure Hunter’s Hunting Apparel’
- ‘Illusory Emerald Glasses’
Added a new category to the Costume menu.
- Now, players can equip the ‘Mask’ and ‘Accessory’ together in the Hair section in the costume menu.
Short Grey Hair’ has been added to the game.
- Available after reaching any of the game’s endings for the first time.
- Available at ‘Geppetto’s Tools.’
Add a new option to adjust the Subtitle’s size.
- Can be adjusted by [Settings -> Gameplay -> Subtitle size]
Balance and Content Improvements
Decreased Field Difficulty
- Adjusted the attack speed of some monsters to make their attack more intuitive.
- Increased the duration of stance breaks for some monsters.
- Adjusted the spawn locations of some monsters and traps to fit better with the flow of the game.
The P-Organ, ‘Rising Dodge,’ has been changed to a default ability
- Retain Guard Regain upon Pulse Cell use’ has been added to the P-Organ system to replace ‘Rising Dodge.’
Combat Balance Adjustments
- Increased the damage of some weapons.
- Increased some weapons to trigger stance breaks to monsters more frequently.
- Now relatively lighter Blades will gain more ‘Guard Regain,’ while heavier Blades gain less ‘Guard Regain.’
- Decreased the delay after an attack and the time to charge a ‘Charge Attack’ for some heavy handles.
- Now, some heavier handles will have a faster attack speed depending on the assembled blade.
- Adjusted the ‘Destruction Damage’ inflicted to monsets by a ‘Perfect Guard.’
- The weapon ‘Puppet’s Saber Blade’ will now have increased stats after enhancing.
- Increased the movement distance while using the ‘Proof of Humanity’ weapon’s attack skill.
- Increased the damage reduction rate while guarding the weapon ‘Etiquette’ but reduced the fable’s charge amount for a set period of time when attacking.
- Enhanced the attack tracking mechanism after successfully performing the Fable Arts, ‘Guard Parry.’
- Increased the damage buff of ‘Bell of Provocation’ to the player.
- “The Attribute Status Ailments will now stack faster for the following Fable Arts:
- – ‘Thunderstrike’
- – ‘Flamestrike’
- – ‘Acid Slash'”
- Increased the damage of Fatal Attacks to better scale with the players stats.
- Increased the attack radius and tracking mechanism of the Legion Arm, ‘Aegis III – Counter Charge’.
- The pillars in the ‘Kill King’s Flame, Fuoco’s room will now only be destroyed by Fuoco’s Fury Attacks.
Added new items to the NPC ‘Polendina’s Shop.
- 2 more Quartz can be purchased during the early stages of the game.
- After expanding the shop for the 1st time, 1 additional ‘Quartz’ can be purchased. (Yes, 1 more Quartz.)
- After expanding the shop for the 3rd time, 2 additional ‘Full Moonstone of the Covenant’ can be purchased.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the character to shoot into the sky while using the Legion Arm ‘Puppet String III – Attack Link’.
- Fixed a bug while continuously pressing the guard button during the Guard stance Legion Arm ‘Aegis’ would trigger Perfect Guards every time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed some weapons to perform Perfect Guards unintentionally.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Electric Blitz attacks to be unguardable, even with Perfect Guards or Guard Parry.
- Fixed a bug in which the Guard Regain would not reset after performing a successful counter-attack with the weapon ‘Two Dragons Sword’s charge attack.
- Fixed a bug in which arrows fired from traps could not be guarded.
- Fixed a bug in which the ‘Monnphase Pocket Watch’ could be used during boss fights.
- Fixed a bug in which attacks from some monsters would not register correctly to the player character.
- Fixed a bug in which the P-Organ ability ‘Naturally recovers Durability of inactive weapons’ reduced the weapon’s durability while inactive during certain
- Fixed a bug in which having the P-Organ ‘Lower Damage while Dodging’ activated and a specific Amulet equipped would trigger the player’s stamina regain earlier than intended.
- Fixed a bug in which the deceased NPC ‘Belle’ at the ‘Attacked Hotel Krat’.
- Fixed a bug in which players were able to abnormally approach certain areas of the map.
- Adjusted the Camera Rotation speed while using controllers to be not affected by the framerate.
- (Specific for Asian Regions) PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue has now been fixed and can be saved regardless of the PS4’s system settings.
- Updated some translations and typos for English, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Updated a typo in the in-game EULA.
- Improved game stability and bugs related to in-game UI.
Lies Of P tells a dark story of Pinocchio. Players assume the role of the beloved character and must navigate through a dark Belle Epoque world where dread is found around every corner. The once beautiful city of Krat has become a living hell, and Pinocchio will need to find Mr. Geppetto to unravel the mystery of what happened.
Players will need to navigate the streets as Pinocchio faces off against demon-like enemies. To assist, systems such as weapon and item creation are available. However, the feature of lying is implemented where the more you lie, the more human you become, with all the advantages and disadvantages that entails. It sounds quite unique, not to mention the characteristics of the source material.
Lies of P is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC via Steam on September 19, 2023.
In case you missed it, check out our review.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.