Konami has announced a brand new action roguelike called GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon. This title features highly strategic combat with mechanics akin to Japanese martial arts.
You can read the advertised features on the title’s Steam page below:
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon combines intense rogue-lite hack-and-slash action with a stunning dark fantasy world, brought to life through the stroke of traditional Japanese art.
- As the chosen leader and guardian of the land of the living, wield the otherworldy arsenal and powers of the Getsu clan as you descend deeper into the depths of Hell to eradicate the source of the cataclysm.
- Distinct Ukiyo-e Inspired Visuals
Inspired by the Japanese ukiyo-e art style, the world of GetsuFumaDen is as beautiful as it is deadly.
Vibrant, dynamic 2D animations bring the artistic world to life.
- Brutal, Larger than Life Boss Battles
A reanimated demon lord, a colossal centipede, and a five-headed hydra are only some of the myriad massive and fearsome monsters and yokai standing in your way.
Defend yourself against their relentless onslaught and emerge victorious to descend deeper into the depths of Hell.
- Dynamic, Weapon-Based Combat
Master the rhythm of intense sword fighting action: pacing and timings of movements are inspired by Japanese martial arts.
Utilize the unique special moves of a wide range of weapon types, including katanas, battle umbrellas, and spears, to outsmart your enemies.
- Authentic Roguelite Action
While death is not the end, the world of Hell lives and breathes, presenting new map layouts and challenges to overcome with each attempt.
Permanent upgrades, customizable weapons, and variable level progression provide new opportunities and challenges for every run.
- Immersive Weapon Enhancement System
The crafting process gives you complete control over the ability to collect, enhance, and unlock main and sub weapons’ abilities.
Unlock enhancements to your favorite weapons at each run, and get back in the action!
- Soul Devour Power-Up System
Collect souls during each descent to power up in real-time.
Utilize the unique power-up system to dynamically and strategically select enhancements.
Additionally, those who purchase the Early Access version of the title on Steam will receive the original Getsu Fūma Den Japanese Famicom edition, a digital artbook, and an original mini soundtrack.
GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is releasing for Steam via Early Access on May 13, 2021, for $24.99. The title will also be releasing for Nintendo Switch in 2022 when the full release is out.
You can view the reveal trailer for the title below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.