Several dedicated Kingdom Hearts fans have taken it upon themselves to improve the PC ports of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix in several notable ways. Titled “Kingdom Hearts Re:Fixed,” this collective effort fixes numerous issues that are part of all of the ports, alongside more granular remedies and superb additions.
There are countless alterations across the board here, with some of the more drastic ones being the removal of FPS limiter for cutscenes, Discord Rich Presence integration, and enabled soft resets for greater convenience.
In Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, chests can now be opened in the midst of combative encounters, and ability equipping/unequipping can be quickly done with Triangle, a feature initially added in Kingdom Hearts II.
Kingdom Hearts II’s improvements impress me the most, with the Roxas prologue being skippable and battle retries being added. Dual Japanese and English audio is an option, too. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix also boasts the aforementioned benefit, alongside disabled 30 FPS limits for select dialogue interactions.
The individuals responsible for these changes and more are listed below, via the project’s github page:
- Televo for the icons used in Discord Rich Presence and the Executables.
- KSX for his work on the MP Bar enhancement.
- Denhonator for his work on Soft Reset, Volume Mute, and the location of 1FM RAM Saves.
- Xeeynamo for the functions used to calculate the Save Checksum.
- Dekirai and RelaxedBatter for their immense testing.
- RukaPML for the German translation.
- Svenchu for the Spanish translation.
- SoraikoSan for the French translation.
- iTeoh for the Italian translation.
Kingdom Hearts 1
- Denhonator for his work on Cutscene Skip.
- TopazTK for everything else.
Kingdom Hearts 2
- Stickman Sham for the idea that led to Magic Reorganization.
- Krakrenzo for the idea that led to Retry Bettle.
- CrazyCatz00 for the inspiration that led to Dual-Audio.
- TieuLink for proviging the Japanese voices for Dual Audio.
- DA and AntonioDePau for their help with injecting “.a.jp” files for Dual-Audio.
- Drahsid for his work on the 60FPS Framelock Issue.
- Y2K for his work on the Roxas Skip.
- TopazTK for everything else.
Kingdom Hearts – Birth by Sleep
- TopazTK for everything so far.
Check out this collaborative effort’s github page for installation directions and a complete list of the many fixes and additions.
You can view TopazTK’s video for the official release of Kingdom Hearts Re:Fixed below:
In Kingdom Hearts IV, Sora is in Quadratum with Strelitzia, a prominent character from Kingdom Hearts Union χ. This setting is an afterworld for the two characters following their tragic fates. Additionally, this new saga has been titled the Lost Master Arc. Further, some combat footage was showcased, with Sora performing Keyblade transformations against a giant entity that seems to be a Heartless? We don’t know for sure.
“The heart resides within the soul, which in turn is guided by fate to its rightful place” is a crucial phrase used at the start of this trailer for the upcoming mainline game.
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts IV
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts Missing – Link
- Who is the girl in the Kingdom Hearts IV trailer?
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary event Q & A
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Memory Locker messages
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Tetsuya Nomura interview with Famitsu
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.