During the Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary event, Square Enix announced a new mobile game arriving at an unknown time called Kingdom Hearts Missing – Link. This title takes place between the end of Union Cross’ finale and the start of Dark Road, a time period rich with story potential. Brain, a prominent character in Union Cross, is also seen at the trailer’s end.
Specific details regarding gameplay were not provided, aside from this being akin to a Pokemon Go-esque experience, with the phrase “embark on adventures from the realm of Scala ad Caelum into the real world” alluding to that.
Game details were provided during a Q&A session, listed below via my alternative coverage at KH13:
- Smartphone game, to be released for Android and iOS
- Promises to have action elements to be as faithful as possible to the main series
- Max of 6 players can play together.
- Screen orientation can be switched between portrait or landscape.
- The story, chronologically speaking, is between Union Cross finale and before Dark Road’s start.
- All of the mysteries we’ve had so far will be explained.
- Keywords: Scala Ad Caleum, Founding Father Ephemer, Keyblade Wielders of a Secret Society
- Closed Beta Test is scheduled for Fall of this year (Details on how to enter are still unknown, however)
- Two systems: A story mode where you progress through quests, and a mode where you walk around (Comparable to Pokémon Go, but with ways to play it even without having to walk around in real life)
- In this walking mode, you’ll collect pieces and strengthen your Keyblades.
You can view the trailer for this upcoming mobile game below (timestamped):
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.